Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New Item on TpT!

I finally figured out how to create awesome products using Mac's version of powerpoint called Keynote! I absolutely love using that program and would recommend it over powerpoint any day. It's very user friendly and it cut down the amount of time I would have spent formatting and such. Not to mention it's as easy as pudding pie to create a PDF. 

Okay enough about Keynote....

I am very excited about this new poster set with the writing process for my classroom. My hope is to have it up on my wall tomorrow in my classroom...but we will see how that goes! :)

I have been looking for a writing process poster set all summer and had no luck finding one with the wording or design I wanted so I created my own! Here is a picture of the demo which just displays the posters on a much smaller scale in one image. 


I used terms directly relative to the 2nd grade Common Core Standards. I added a Teacher Conference page because I will be having one to one time with about 3-4 kids per day at school. This poster will hang separately in my room beside the others because when I conference with the kids they will be in different stages of the writing process.

I will be laminating these posters and attaching a ribbon from the first (brainstorm) poster to the last (publish) vertically. I will then be putting my students' names on clothespins and attaching them to the first poster where they will move their clothespin through the process as their writing is in the process of publishing. 

This will be a great way for me to not only see how my students are doing but it will also help the kids to stick with a topic. I believe that if they see the goal at hand "publish" then they will be more motivated to finish a writing piece. 

I am excited about this product! If you'd like to see it check out my TpT page by clicking HERE! :)

I hope that you have a great Tuesday night and Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment