Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Travel the World Starter Kit

I have finished my Travel the World Starter Kit!! I plan to use this the first week of school as I introduce my Traveling the World in 2nd Grade class theme! I am SOO excited to be using this theme and heavily implementing social studies into my lessons!!!



I purchased passports from Oriental Trading for only $6.25 for a dozen! That is an EPIC deal that I couldn't pass up. I am in the process of creating my own passports just in case I don't like these from OT but nonetheless I know my kiddos will LOVE having their own passport!

My plan is to travel to many other countries where I will "stamp" each student's passport with AVERY address label stickers I have created for each country. They actually look very much like the passport stamps for those countries but are my own creations. I will upload the stamps within the units as I make them!

Did I mention that I am excited??? I'm most excited because the school I teach at is a Title I school- meaning that over 60% of our students are on free or reduced lunch. Don't let that make a stereotype in your head for these children though. They are just as full of love and laughter as all the other kiddos in the world! I wouldn't trade em' for anything! :) I share that tidbit of info though because the majority of my students haven't traveled far from NC, if at all. I'm not saying that all of them have never been to another state, or country rather, however the majority have not traveled far outside of North Carolina. I hope this unit will help open their eyes to how amazingly wonderful the world and its cultures are! God certainly gave us a beautiful world and I want to do whatever I can to help my little kiddos experience it in my classroom!

I hope my kids will love this unit and I hope that you do too! If you'd like to purchase my starter kit it's on my TpT page.

Here is the link :) http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Travel-the-World-Starter-Kit-802499

On a less important note,
I am in the process of getting a blog face lift! WOOHOO!!! I will soon have a fancy blog designed by Honey Bunch Blog Design! It's the little things folks :) I hope that you will find it pleasing to the eye and full of helpful info! I can't wait for the finished product!!! Woop Woop!!

Happy Wednesday friends! :)
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment